Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Friday, June 23, 2006

careful!

so there is an old saying, "be careful what you wish for," where wish = pray/ask/hope/etc. how TRUE that is!

i prayed, in earnest might i add, about something this morning and DARN if God didn't come through. now, at the time i meant it. and in all honesty what i prayed for is in my best interest. but now that some time has passed and i have had a chance to marinate on my thoughts and feelings, i wish i could take it back. but does God even allow takesies-backsies? so far the answer is, "heavens, no!"

so now, i must make peace with my prayer and the answer that God has swiftly given me on it (funny how other things seem to take so much time...but then again, i was probably asking amiss...okay, Holy Spirit, i get it!).

being a Christian is the hardest thing i've had to do in my life. being a good one is, anyway. it's easy to be self-righteous, isn't it? thank God for His mercy and His love or i would not have made it thus far.

for future reference, however, i will make sure i really want something before praying about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home