Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

and this is for "certain someone"...

...the mississippi's mighty
but it starts in minnesota
at a place that you could walk across with just five steps down
i guess that's how you started
like a pinprick to my heart
and this point you rush right through me
and i start to drown.

there's not enough room in this world for my pain
signals cross
love gets lost
and time passed makes it plain
that of all my demon spirits i need you the most
i'm in love with your ghost

armed and dangerous like a secret that gets whispered in a rush
(don't tell a soul)
when i awake the things i dreamt about you last night make me blush
(don't tell a soul)
you kiss me like a lover
then you sting me like a viper
i'll follow you to the river
and you play my memory like a piper
and i feel it like a sickness how this love is killing me
yet i walk into the fingers of your fire willingly
against the edge of sanity, i've never been this close
i'm in love with your ghost

now i see your face before me that could launch a thousand ships
to bring your heart back to my island as the sand beneath me slips
as i burn up in your presence i know now how it feels
to be weakened like achilles with you always at my heels

and the bitter pill i've swallowed is the silence that i keep
it poisons me
i can't swim or breathe
the river is too deep
and though i'm baptized by your touch
i am no worse at most
i'm in love with your ghost

--indigo girls (adapted)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

if the certain someone's got you drowning in his river, perhaps, my dear, you should take swimming lessons, and learn to better master the unpredictable current and take control of your ride there, but if swimming proves to be too difficult, impossible even, let yourself die in that river, and when you're reborn, don't return there, but to place flowers on the bank next to the grave of your former self.

forgive any misspellings. love ya, can't wait to come visit. remember you're more than your faults and there's more for you in life than that certain someone.
:)

Monday, 12 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home