Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

work schedules....

fyi: i am starting to type up this post, but i have no title...

so this morning, i got to work and my division chief asked me what i'd been up to. i told her that i had to take my sister somewhere and she told me that i needed to be in the office at 9:00 a.m. everyday, especially since we have a class of new attorneys starting in a few days. she didn't want me "shaving my hours." i was so angry with her that i did not respond. SHAVING MY HOURS?! i mean, really. first of all, i was never given a schedule or a set time to be at work. and let's not even discuss the fact that i wasn't extremely late (9:45 a.m.) and that yesterday when i got to work just before 9:00, i stayed until 7:00 pm. i thought the whole point of being a professional, salaried person was to do the work and get the job done. why does it matter what time i get here or when i leave if at the end of the day the work is done and done well?

i mean, not to toot my own horn, but i only ever hear about how well i write and how appeals is right up my alley...so okay, one day i got to work kinda late. i have a valid excuse and since i don't get overtime pay, and i worked late last night, why not come in a few minutes later today?

so...the solution to this little asunto* is for me to make sure i am here at 9 a.m. mon-fri. no more 7:45 and 8:15 arrival times...i wouldn't want her to tell me that i am coming in too early. (you can't see me now, but i am shaking my head at the absurdity of my chief's comments).

needless to say, i contacted another firm about a job today...i'll keep you posted...

ooo! i just thought of a title...

*spanish for problematic situation. it's the first word that came to mind when i was typing...i'm a former spanish major, sue me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home