Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Friday, February 24, 2006

threatdown

i am a HUGE fan of the colbert report on comedy central. i didn't like it at first, but stephen colbert won me over with his craziness...one of my favourite features on his show is the threatdown. usually the number one threat to americans is bears...don't ask, just watch the show (mon. - thurs. at 11:30 pm). anyway, the concept of the threatdown got me to thinking. what is the biggest threat to me?

me.

i am my own worst enemy. i am the one who is the most critical of myself. i am the one with the overly pessimistic imagination, able to turn an ordinary comment into a harsh criticism and almost unbearable insult at will.

shakespeare, in hamlet, wrote, "there is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so." well, i have the uncanny ability to "negativize" everything, plunging me into an abysmal depression without a moment's notice. it's sad. when and how did i become this way? i have no idea.

but what i need to do is build a bridge and get over it (a thought i heard in a sermon this past sunday). there is no need for me to wallow in the mire of self-pity. no, i may not be where i want to be in life, but instead of sighing, "woe is me!" why not do something about it? change what i can and don't worry about what i can't.

hmmm...well, every one needs a kick in the pants every now and again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home