Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't Wanna Be

(dedicated to "certain someone")

This may sound
Overwrought
But I don’t wanna be
An afterthought
Thought of long after
The laughter
In your eyes
Dies.

I don’t wanna be
Some last resort
Striving
But always seeming to fall short
Of your perfect ideal.

See, I’m trying to conceal
A great deal
Of the unreal
Pain I feel
As my love for you
Goes unrequited
Slighted
Blighted
Practically uninvited
And
Essentially rejected
Disrespected
Naked and unprotected…
…and exposed.

Yet, I don’t want the option of “us”
To be foreclosed
My soul longs to be with yours
Juxtaposed
Moving along one course
As one unsto
ppable force
With forever in view.

Baby, you and me, two
We could pass through
The stuff of life with ease
Like leaves in a soft breeze.
There’d be nothing we couldn't do…

I just don’t wanna be
Without you.


~soledad evans (2008)

1 Comments:

Blogger predictablelove said...

I know girl, I know. TIME...

Tuesday, 08 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home