Intense quiet moments

disclaimer: nothing you read here should be taken seriously...

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm not a wife, nor a mother...just a simple child of God trying to do His will the best way I can.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a debtor's letter

hello there, money,
my dear old friend
just a quick note
to see how you've been
it seems like we haven't
talked in a while
and i must admit
i miss your smile
i'm not too sure
why we drifted apart
but you oughtta know
you're dear to my heart
since you've been gone
life just isn't the same
maybe it was my fault
and i am to blame
so i've searched for you
both low and high
not knowing where you are
kept me up at night
i finally asked God for you one day
He said you'd return
if i but trust Him and wait
well, i've been trusting
and i haven't seen you yet
so in case you forgot,
please note my address
i'm at the end of cheap street
near broke boulevard
if you pass the big house
you've gone too far
dear money, i care not
what caused you to leave
i await your return
with no tricks up my sleeve
i'll welcome you back
with wide open arms
hold you close
and keep you from harm.
signed with all sincerity
a truly humble and expectant
me

--soledad evans (2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home